Do you want to increase customer loyalty in WordPress through gamification?
Gamification allows you to reward your regular customers and users who have completed a certain action with points and other rewards. This can help build customer loyalty and boost engagement and conversions on your site.
In this article, we will show you how you can increase customer loyalty in WordPress through gamification based on the UpSale Reward Points for Woocommerce plugin.
Why improve customer loyalty with WordPress gamification?
Adding gamification to WordPress allows you to reward visitors with various incentives when they take certain actions on your website, such as leaving a review, commenting, or purchasing a product.
This can help increase customer loyalty as your customers will feel more engaged with your WordPress website when they are rewarded with discounts, redeemable points and more.
Using gamification to reward customer loyalty can be a great way to increase sales on your online store or boost conversions on any type of website.
With that said, let’s show you two different ways to increase customer loyalty through gamification in WordPress.
Add a gaming customer loyalty program to your online store in WordPress
Before you get started, you need to make sure that the WooCommerce plugin is installed, the products are added, and the store is running.
After that, you can add an in-game customer loyalty program to your store.
The easiest way to do this is to use the WooBeWoo Reward Points for Woocommerce plugin. This is the best bonus points plugin for WordPress, flexible, functional, and easy to use.
The first thing you need to do is install and activate the plugin. For more information, see our beginner’s guide on how to get started.
Once you’ve done that, you need to go to the “Reward Points” plugin in the WordPress admin and then click on the “Set Points” menu.
This will take you to a screen where you can set up a reward in the form of bonus points for the purchase of a particular product.
You can set points in the exact amount or as a percentage of its value, both for each product separately and for groups of products.
We suggest not dwelling on this for a long time, because the topic of our article is “Gamification” and moving on to the actual methods of gamification of the loyalty program.
Effective ways to gamify the bonus system
1. Change the name of the bonus points to further attract customers. You can, roughly speaking, introduce a “new currency” that will only be on your site, and the name will fit the style of your store. You can change this value to singular, plural, and abbreviation in plugin settings. In this case, all the names of “points” on the site will be automatically changed everywhere.
2. Reward users for reviews, reposts on social networks, and any other activity. This is very good at motivating the user to be more active and at the same time promote your store on social networks. For example, you can automatically reward users for visiting a particular page, reviews, registration, etc., and notify them about it via a popup or an email message. And all this is automatic.
3. Use the expiration date of the points as motivation to buy.
With the WooBeWoo Reward Points plugin, the expiration dates for points for purchase and for promotion are independent of each other. Therefore, we recommend doing 2 things:
- The set expiration date for purchases. By default, it is 180 days, but you can set your own value. For example, we recommend an optimal value of 90-180 days.
- Set short expiration dates for promotions. For example, if it was the accrual of points for the New Year holidays, then make sure that users are motivated to spend them for the New Year holidays, using the expiration date.
4. Earn points for the amount of the cart. You can create an unlimited number of cart range levels for which the user can receive the specified number of points
5. Permanent discount by user levels. Create unique levels that users can reach for completed actions, such as the total amount of purchases, registration, roles and others, and reward them with a permanent discount
Imagine an experiment
“Gamification is like turning everything into a game. First of all, people want to consume ethically, and in addition, they want to be interested, so that any purchase process turns into a game. Therefore, do not be afraid to invent your own games, experiment, and make your store truly enticing.
We hope this article helped you learn how to increase customer loyalty in WordPress through gamification.