In this tutorial, we will consider the main steps to set up the tags for the product.
Each product you’re planning to sell should be listed as a WooCommerce product.
Firstly, navigate WooCommerce -> Products -> Add New product or edit already created one. After you created the product page, it’s time to add the tags.
Create the tags
- Move to the WooCommerce -> Products– Tags section:
- Set a name (f.e. hoodie), a slug and fill description (optional) and press the “Add new tag” button. A new tag will appear in the list.
Here you can see a short video instruction step by step:
Add the tags to the product page
Open a product, move to the right panel, Tags section, and add a new tag or select from the most used tags:
Also, you can add a new tag as well. Notice, that you can add more than one tag for each product.
Tags Filter settings
Here you can:
- Edit Filter title and description
- Show title label. Here you can choose how to show the title with the function of opening / closing the filter:
- desktop (No; Yes, show as close; Yes show as opened)
- mobile (No; Yes, show as close; Yes show as opened)
- Show on frontend as. Depending on whether you need one or several tags to be available at the same time, you may show your tags list as checkbox or dropdown.
- Checkbox list
- Multiple Dropdown
- Buttons . If you select the buttons, then you can fully customize their design.
- Use Custom tags. Choose tags for filter titles. Any settings you leave blank will default
- Sort by. Here you may set Tags sorting by ascending or descending .
- Order by custom. Tags are displayed according to the order of their selection in the input fields.
- Show count. Show count display the number of products that have the appropriate parameter.
- Hide tags without products.
- Product tags. Here you may select product tags to be displayed on your site from the list. If you want to select several tags, hold the “Shift” button and click on tag names. Or you can hold “Ctrl” and click on tag names. Press “Ctrl” + “a” for checking all tags.
- Make selected tags as default. Selected tags will be marked as default.
- Exclude terms ids. Here you may exclude tags terms from filter by ids. Example input: 1,2,3
- Logic. Here you can select the filter logic “or” /”and”
- Show search. Show search display the bar for searching by tag name in the filter
- Always display all tags . If checked, the entire list of tags will always be visible, otherwise only available for filtered items.
- Layout. Select a vertical or horizontal layout and set the count of columns.
- Maximum height in frontend. Set maximum displayed height in frontend