If you enjoy our plugin, and would like to help people from different countries to estimate it benefits too, you can translate your plugin to your native language. From our end, we will encourage your initiative with granting a PRO version of any other plugin for free!
For those, who are new to plugin translating, here is a little tutorial.
You’ll need a special software – you can use any program, but we recommend Poedit, a cross-platform gettext catalogs (.po files) editor.
- .mo stands for Machine Object
— compiled export of the .po file which is used by WordPress
- .po stands for Portable Object
— editable text file with the translations strings
— based on the master .pot file, using Update from POT file PoEdit function
— some folks distribute this as a master file, but it should be used only for translations
- .pot stands for Portable Object Template
— editable text file used to grab all the translatable strings from WordPress itself and Themes and Plugins, using Update from Sources PoEdit function
- Duplicate the .pot file and rename it to plugin-basename-lang_COUNTRY.po
- Example for the referenced plugin case: subscribe-reloaded-pt_BR.po
— pt_BR means Portuguese Brazil, but many languages don’t have a country variation…
— you’ll have to fill in with your own language
- WPLANG in wp-config.php file must be set to your language, e.g., pt_BR
- Every time you save the .po file, PoEdit automatically generates a .mo file, which is the one WordPress uses and basically the only one you need to upload
Contact us with your offers