Creating an online shop one should begin with thinking through and forming its structure. A well-formed product catalog affects the cost of its further promotion and conversion. The owner of an online shop is faced with the task of making the website intuitive for customers, as well as convenient for indexing by search robots.
When designing the product list and product catalog, you should strive to ensure that the customer can find and buy the desired product in no more than three clicks. In practice, this turns out to be quite difficult, especially if there is a wide range of goods. Read this article to find out how to work with a product list and product catalog that will help users decide on a purchase.
What is a Product Catalog and Product List?
A Product catalog is a structured list of products divided into thematic groups of varying degrees of nesting. For example, you are selling lamps. They differ in color, size, number of bulbs, style, purpose, type of placement. One of the options for creating a product catalog of lamps can be the type of placement of lamps in the room:
- ceiling lights&chandalier
- table lamps
- floor lamps
- wall lights
Once the customer selects the needed category from the product catalog, the user will be redirected to the page with the products list. E.g. if one clicks on table lamps, the page with the corresponding products is opened. And here comes the product list which showcases the products information, pice, whatever you need. With the help of the Product Table plugin, you can easily set up a product list and manage its appearance in the desired way.
How to Create a Product List?
Once you have installed the Product Table plugin, you have access to the settings dashboard where you can create and manage your product list.
Go to the Product Table >> Add New, enter the title, and start building the product list. Our team has gathered together all the needed information about creating a product table, so you are guided through the whole process.
How Can you Use Product List Created with Product Table?
This is not a complete list, but here are some situations when a products list can come in handy:
- if you sell a lot of products in bulk, a Product Table provides an easy way to sort/filter the product list
- the plugin can also be used for showcasing product catalogs
- if you want to create an order form based on WooCommerce products, the table provides a very easy way to do it.
For example, here’s a great demo showing how you can create an online ordering system using a food table:
Besides, with the help of a product list created with the Product Table plugin, you’ll get flexible settings that allow simplifying the order form. In the settings, you can add the add t cart button with an opportunity to select the variations before ordering:
And here are other useful options you can use in the Product Table:
- manage the columns. You can even add different types of columns such as price, description, categories. What’s even more, a plugin is compatible with YITH Quick View so you can set up the quick view for your products.
- built-in filter functionality. This will allow you to provide your readers with a seamless experience by offering filtering options.
- instant search, sorting, and filtering. Customers can search the product’s data without reloading the page.
- server-side procceseing. It’s useful for performance improvement for large tables.